Indian Film Festival commences at the Jiangsu University in Zhenjiang – inaugural screening has more than 1000 students present
- Consulate General of India in Shanghai along with Zhenjiang Municipal People’s Government jointly organized an Indian Film Festival at the prestigious Jiangsu University Auditorium in Zhenjiang on 17th March 2017.
- The Indian Film Festival was organized as part of the India Week celebrations, and jointly inaugurated by Consul General Prakash Gupta along with President of Jiangsu University.
- Given the tremendous interest generated by Indian films amongst Chinese audiences, the week-long Indian Film Festival will showcase eight of India’s most successful recent movies – “PK” “Three Idiots” “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” “Taare Zameen Par” “Queen” “English Vinglish” “Mary Kom” “Ek Villain”– all with Chinese subtitles/sound- and would be available for viewing as part of the Indian Film Festival Jiangsu University campus.
- The opening screening showcased PK to a packed audience of nearly 1000 students of Jiangsu University, where its President underscored the importance of films as playing a key role in better appreciation of Indian culture in Chinese minds.
- The Indian Film Festival will continue at the Jiangsu University in Zhenjiang till 24th March 2017, showcasing one Indian movie each evening to Jiangsu University students.
17 March 2017
Enclosure : Select Pictures of the Event