Following documents/papers are required:
- Duly filled in application form http://www.passport.gov.in/nri/OnlineRegistration.jsp?pocode=CHNS
- Police report regarding loss of passport.
- Certificate issued by the Exit-Entry Bureau mentioning the loss of passport
- Photocopy of the lost passport.
- Applicant should submit a written application stating the circumstances under which the passport was lost.
- Four recent passport size coloured photographs (with white background) (5cm*5cm)
- Fee: RMB 974.00 (36 pages) and RMB 1133.00 (60 pages)
- If the Passport is not issued from Shanghai, then a duplicate passport is issued only on receipt of confirmation from the concerned Regional Passport Office in India or the relevant Passport issuing authority.
- After filling-up the application online, a submission-date is generated. The completed application may be submitted at the Consulate’s counter on any working day between 09.30 to 12.00 hours ignoring the submission-date generated by the online system.
- Applicants may sometimes face difficulty in accessing the online application format due to technical reasons. In such circumstances, it is advisable to try after a while. Applicants are also advised to use computers with latest version software operating systems.
- Applicants may please note that New Passport booklets are printed in India (Delhi). Applicants are intimated through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) on arrival of their passports from India.