Passport is issued for a 5 yrs validity period or the age of 18 years whichever happens earlier.
Following documents/papers are required to be produced:
- Duly filled in form No: http://www.passport.gov.in/nri/OnlineRegistration.jsp?pocode=CHNS. Either of the parents can sign the application.
- Birth certificate along with a photocopy.
- Marriage certificate of parents with a photocopy.
- Current passports of parents along with photocopies.
- Four recent colored passport size photos (with white back-ground) of the child (5cm*5cm).
- Declaration to be signed by the parents – Annexure D (Declaration Form)
- Fee: Fresh/Reissue of Passport for minors (36 pages) for 5 years validity - RMB 337.00
- After filling-up the application online, a submission-date is generated. The completed application may be submitted at the Consulate’s counter on any working day between 09.30 to 12.00 hours ignoring the submission-date generated by the online system.
- Applicants may sometimes face difficulty in accessing the online application format due to technical reasons. In such circumstances, it is advisable to try after a while. Applicants are also advised to use computers with latest version software operating systems.
- Applicants may please note that New Passport booklets are printed in India (Delhi). Applicants are intimated through e-mail (email@example.com) on arrival of their passports from India.